Building a Stronger Back!!!!
BUILDING A STRONGER BACK!!!!
As one of the biggest complexes of muscle on your body, the back of your torso includes your lats, rhomboids, traps, spinal erectors, and rear delts, as well as plenty of smaller muscles that tie everything together. A strong back can have a have a tremendous impact on your performance as well as your appearance. A strong defined back will give your physique a wide and powerful look, along with the illusion of having a smaller waist. Use these three exercises to bring your back training to the forefront!
1. LAT PULLDOWN
* Sit down on a pull-down machine with a wide bar attached to the top pulley. Adjust the kneepad of the machine to fit your height, which will prevent your body from being raised by the resistance attached to the bar.
* Grab the bar with the palms facing forward. For a wide grip, your hands need to be spaced out at a distance wider than shoulder width. For a medium grip, your hands need to be spaced out at a distance equal to shoulder width and for a close grip, at a distance smaller than your shoulder width.
* Bring your torso back around 30 degrees or so while creating an arch in your lower back and sticking your chest out. This is your starting position. As you breathe out, bring the bar down until it touches your upper chest by drawing the shoulders and the upper arms down and back. Slowly raise the bar back to the starting position when your arms are fully extended and the lats.
* Repeat this motion for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
* Grip bar about shoulder-width apart with your palms down. Hang with straight arms, bending your knees behind you and getting a full stretch in the lats with a slight arch in your back.
* Pull yourself all the way up until your chin passes the bar and repeat.
3. ONE ARM DUMB-BELL ROWS
* Stand to the right of your weight bench, holding a dumbbell in your right hand with your palm facing in.
* Place your left knee and your left hand on top of the bench for support. Let your right arm hang down and a bit forward. Pulling your abs in and bending forward squaring up your hips so that your back is naturally arched and roughly parallel to the floor.
* Pull your right arm up and in toward your hip.
*Lower the weight slowly back down and repeat.
Your back plays a huge role in how your entire body functions, because it attaches to your hips, abdominals, chest, shoulders, and neck. Strengthening your back gives you additional power and overall a better physique. For more information on sculpting a stronger back, strength training, healthy lifestyle, and eating healthy, or if you’re just frustrated with your current level of fitness and looking to hire a personal trainer, contact us.
2420 Midtown Pl NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107