Best Foods for Weight Loss (505)261-1253
Best Foods for Weight Loss
Losing weight isn’t all about exercise, what you eat is equally important. Increasing your intake of fruit, veggies, grains, and nuts is essential when trying to lose weight. This will help prevent cravings and keep you full all day long. Here is a list of some of the best foods for weight loss.
A) Strawberries, Cucumbers, Nuts, and Beans
1. Strawberries – Strawberries are an excellent food to eat when trying to lose weight, because there are only 49 calories per one cup of strawberries. They are also loaded with Vitamin C, fiber, calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
2. Cucumbers – Cucumbers are low in calories, high in fiber and can be used as a low-calorie topping for many dishes.
3. Nuts – Nuts are a good healthy snack alternative to help boost weight loss and improve cholesterol.
4. Beans – Beans are not only a great source of fiber, but they also help up your total protein intake.
B) Blueberries, Pears, Oatmeal, and Celery
5. Blueberries – Blueberries are a great source of fiber and antioxidants. They also aid in lowering cholesterol.
6. Pears – Pears are great for offering a sweet burst of energy in an easily digestible snack.
7. Oatmeal – Oatmeal is very high in fiber and a perfect addition to anyone’s diet who is trying to shed some pounds.
8. Celery – Celery is essentially all water and fiber- two things that fill you up quickly. Celery also only contains about 6 calories per stalk. Dip them in a serving of peanut butter or hummus for a healthy snack.
c) Broccoli, Apples, Lentils, and Mushrooms
9. Broccoli – Broccoli is a great weight loss food because it is low in calories, and packed with essential nutrients and fiber, which contribute to satiety.
10. Apples – Adding apples into your daily meal plan can result in losing weight due to all the extra added fiber.
11. Lentils – Lentils are great for weight loss due to their high protein and fiber content.
12. Mushrooms- Mushrooms are great for weight loss because they are low in calories and provide a good source of fiber and other nutrients.
For more tips on the best foods for weight loss, burning body fat, eating healthy, weight training, health and wellness, or if you’re frustrated with your current level of fitness and have been thinking about hiring a personal trainer, contact us.