Vacation Tips to Keep You Fit
Vacation Tips to Keep You Fit
With summer vacation quickly approaching, you’re probably planning your next getaway. Whether you go on a cruise, an African safari or a low-key trip to the beach, warm summer days are the best time to get away from it all. But wait – did you know that the average person gains almost a pound a day while on vacation? Between missed workouts, extra large restaurant meals and indulgent snacks, lazy vacation days will quickly add inches to your waistline. So before you pack your bags for your next adventure, read the following vacation tips to keep you fit.
Vacation Tip #1: Make a Decision
Before you leave home, make the decision that you will NOT gain weight while on your trip. This is the easiest step to take to make sure that you avoid weight gain, but it is also the most overlooked. Instead of leaving things to chance, harness the power of creative visualization that has been proven time and time again by go-getters such as Michael Jordan, Al Unser, and Ronnie Coleman.
Visualize what it would be like to return home fitter then when you left. Take a moment to let yourself feel the excitement that you’d experience. Remember what accomplishing your goal feels like – this will keep you motivated throughout your trip and will help pull you through the inevitable tempting situations that you’ll face.
Vacation Tip #2: Get Moving
It’s easy to spend vacation days sprawled out by the pool, but the inactivity will quickly add up to extra pounds. Choose to be active and you’ll burn calories all day long while indulging in fewer unnecessary snacks. The following ideas will get you moving:
- Go on a brisk walk each day of your trip. You’ll see new sights while burning off excess calories.
- Always take the stairs rather than the elevator. Talk about bonus calorie burning!
- If your trip takes you to a place of natural beauty then go on a hike. Even while hiking at a slow or moderate pace you’ll burn plenty of calories.
- Play some sports – beach volleyball, a game of hoops, Frisbee, or bike riding are all great ways to have fun while keeping fit.
Vacation Tip #3: Indulge with Portion Control
You have no choice but to eat out while on vacation. Whether you’re enjoying five star restaurants or fast food diners, you’ll be met with the same problem: huge portions.
While it is tempting to simply eat it all – you are on vacation after all – this will quickly lead to extra pounds. Use the following tips to keep your portions under control:
- When you order your meal ask for a to-go box. Take half of your meal and place it into the box before you even begin to eat. This will force you to eat a healthy portion.
- If you would rather not carry around a to-go box, ask that your entrée be made into a smaller portion. If it is dinnertime don’t be afraid to ask for the lunch-sized portion.
- Eat meals. Cut out snacking, stick with structured meals.
Well, now you have 3 vacation tips to keep you fit if you follow them. You may even end up losing a pound or two while away. But let’s be honest, you want to lose more than a pound or two. You want to lose all of those extra pounds. You may feel that the secret to achieving weight loss is just that – a secret. A mystery. You try, and try, and try but your goals are never met. Your dream body continues to stay out of reach.
That’s why you need to contact me! You see, for me weight loss isn’t a mystery. It’s my passion. I have a proven method that will help you lose weight, get healthy, and feel better. So as you plan your next vacation, why don’t you also give yourself the gift that you really want – a leaner, tighter, stronger, healthier body.
For more vacation tips to keep you fit, workout tips, or if you’re frustrated with your results and would like to hire a personal trainer, don’t hesitate to call (505)261-1253.